Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cookie madness

Toddlers are cute as can be, but sometimes they're not quite right in the head.

My little guy was over-the-moon excited when I said we could bake cookies for a treat this afternoon. He wanted to carry the three pound box from the freezer to the table. He dropped it on his feet when I gave in and let him hold the whole weight of it, but he wouldn't have been happy until I let him try. So he gave in and let me put them on the table, but he wanted to open the box. More frustration ending with me opening the box. He was eager to help put them on the pan and proud of his big boy skills. Then he grabbed a frozen cookie and took off into the living room. No amount of coaxing would get it from him, so I put the pan in the oven and put away the box before trying again. I went to get the frozen cookie only to find him eating it. So much for baking cookies! Raw cookie dough that's been frozen shouldn't be a food poisoning hazard...I hope...

No comments: